Your Ad Here

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Dreams & Fantasies

Dreams & Fantasies
Realizing it only after reaching the age of 54, it was only then that I learned the true meaning of having a dream. As far as I can remember, it was in school where I heard it first. Have a dream so you can achieve you goals in life. However, none of those who I heard it from bothered to explain it in a more understandable or meaningful way. All the while, I thought what they were saying was having a dream the way others would have their dreams.

Are fantasies, dreams or not? The way I looked at it was, fantasies were impossible, or close to impossible of achieving. I drew a line between fantasy and dream. For me, dreams are something more realistic and achievable. Fantasies, on the other hand, were the impossible dreams. It could have been the reason why I was mediocre in life. I get easily contented when I reach or achieve a certain level or degree of a dream. It did not have anything to do with my fantasies, as I thought so. It was on this stage of my life that I realized that my fantasies were actually were achievable dreams. That was so stupid of me! My fantasies, as I had it my mind, were not achievable. If they were in other peoples' mind, I am quite sure that they would be realizable dreams and not fantasies.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I have figured out the difference between fantasies and dreams even in my youthfull 50's!!! I have lived most of my life reaching for the stars and they have always eluded me.

    Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that we have dreams and we create our own fantasies. We have more control over them.

    Just a thought. Dreams are an important subject. And they are often neglected by busy people.

    ReplyDelete